FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Vegas loyalty program for small gamers
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:48 am
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Memories. My father-in-law (may he rest in peace) used to fly annually from Molokai to Vegas, and stay at the California (but gambled at the Fremont) with all the relatives, including his college-age daughter whom I married 25 years ago.

I got a rt on DL of LAX-LAS for $90 arriving on a Friday night and leaving 6am the same morning. A night of low stakes gambling and drinking in downtown. Thanks for the advice; confirmed what I was already going to do.
Thoughts go out to your father in law. I'll be at the Cal for the 4th time so far this year, next week. I'm sorry for your loss. I think more Hawaiians are hanging out at the CAL, than in the 50th State. I love visiting the Cal, I live in LAS and the guests may be a little "older", whatever that means. They seem fine with me. Aloha to this great group of visitors to LAS. Don't miss Red Rock canyon, grand canyon and more. There is more to LAS than the "strip".

I remember the redeye LAX to LAS at 11pm for $15.00, than a return around 7AM for the same price on Western Airlines. Champagne served both ways. That was a great trip. Don't tell my wife. Kidding. Aloha!

Again, thoughts go out to you father in law. He was right, for some reason I always do better gambling at the Fremont.