FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2nd Japan Do | Tokyo | April 18-20, 2014
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:38 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Further info & who's coming - Day trip to Mt Fuji/Hakone - Sunday 20 April

ETA: Our plan has changed yet again. Please check post #443.

The exact meeting place will be posted later but I suggest we meet at 8:00AM at JR Shinjuku Station. Our train will depart at 8:14AM from platform 11.

Please note Suica cannot be used for the first leg of this trip (Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko). We will be on a through train to Kawaguchiko which is almost as fast as limited express trains but without a surcharge of 1,230 yen. You cannot use Suica on this train since Fujikyu, which operates the Otsuki-Kawaguchiko segment, does not accept Suica (yet).

It does not cost anything extra but you will have to buy a ticket in advance for Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko. I plan to buy tickets on Friday afternoon for those who want me to get one on their behalf. If you are coming on the Hakone trip and would like me to get a ticket for you please let me know (and pay for it ) at the Welcome Drinks on Thursday or during the Shinjuku Walk on Friday. If you are not coming to either event but are still coming on the Day Trip to Hakone we'll have to work out something.

Given the size of the group (we currently have 17 people who said Yes, plus a few Maybes) it may be necessary to reserve seats on one or both buses between Kawaguchiko-Gotemba and Gotemba-Togendai.

If you prefer to buy your own ticket for Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko, go to any "Midori-no-Madoguchi" (JR Ticket Office) or "View Plaza" (JR Travel Service Center) and ask for a one-way (片道 or katamichi) ticket on "Holiday Kaisoku Fujisan ichi-go" (ホリデー快速 富士山一号) on Sunday, 20 April. The fare should be 2,390 yen. A reserved seat is optional at 520 yen (to be confirmed). I will try and get a reserved seat for everybody so we can sit together.

Tickets for Kawaguchiko-Gotemba (Fujikyu Bus) and Gotemba-Tōgendai (Odakyu Bus) will be 1,510 yen and 1,020 yen respectively. If there are more than 15 of us we can get a discount on Hakone Ropeway. In total I will be collecting 6,600 yen from those who would like me to get tickets in advance.

Details of the trip are posted here.

Who's coming? Please confirm if you are coming
(Bold = confirmed, ** paid)

amolkold **
Arcanum **
Awesom Andy **
bdschobel **
beckoa **
carlousmoochous cancelled
chchkiwi **
ClaudiSTR **
ClaudiSTR+1 **