FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - View from the Wing [VFTW] discussions
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2014, 3:02 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by gleff

As speculated in the first post in this thread, my perspective in writing the post was that it does no good whatsoever to say AAdvantage is already irredeemably burned, otherwise there’s no reason why they should change their future behavior. My intention was to channel my anger and public shaming at the future.

There are many much bigger changes to come -- to the saver/partner award chart, to upgrades to name just a few -- and as I suggest in the post I assume those will probably be more bad than good and are certain to make some members mad either way.

So my point, perhaps too subtly made in the post, is that since there are going to be many next times American needs to do much better with those and not repeat what they did this time. They absolutely must give ample notice. And that failure to do so will make them totally untrustworthy
You're right, the post didn't come across with that point...especially the title. I can see your point as stated above, and don't necessarily disagree in a general sense. But I'm somewhat pessimistic that anything will really change the Big 3's (Ok, plus WN) attitude with these kinds of things. Most any corporation will screw its customers to the extent necessary to enhance profitability. The airlines aren't any better.

And as kokunutz stated upthread, times are changing with loyalty programs. We'll just have to do what we can with the remaining scraps. I can't say I would trust any of the programs.