FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:01 pm
Phudnik

Originally Posted by krobbins
I have a points stay booked for the end of April at the Ambassador Opera. I know there is a separate thread about it, primarily concerned with the move from Radisson to Marriott a short time ago. Not a lot of information about the property yet specifically. Vendome, CE, AdT and Parc Troc are all available for our short 3 night stay at 135K points. Ambassador Opera at cat 8 was 120K.

Does anyone who has stayed at the Opera property have an opinion about its relative value - ie is it worth the extra points to stay at one of the other available properties? It seems to be a bit of an unknown, and going from Radisson to Marriott without any apparent upgrades to the property has me wary. We are platinum and value the lounge and upgrade possibilities.
I stayed at the Ambassador a couple of weeks ago and thought it was very pleasant. The rooms were quite large by Parisian standards, and the location is fine (near the Opéra and the big department stores). The lounge is a typical European hotel lounge -- breakfast was decent and offered both hot food as well as the usual pastries -- although I don't know what it was like in the evenings because I was working late.

Can't speak to upgrades, but as a Gold I got a pretty nice room on an upper floor. There is a great view of Montmartre from the lounge.

I haven't stayed at any of the other Marriott properties in Paris, so I can't compare.