FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stores that sell $500 GCs(up to 2019)
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:35 am
TTnC4me

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jan_believes
I'm sorry, who's gonna shut me down? ...

I would definitely do multiple transactions there again. What an opportunity ....
Fool This is why we can't have nice things.

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Let's see. One goes into Kroger and over to the service desk on ANOTHER day, a day that will NOT be connected with a previous one and he simply steps forward and says, "I'm a little confused about Kroger not accepting debit cards for payment of money orders. Is there a supervisor I could speak with?" Not abrasive, not unfriendly, just straight forward. This is a problem?

And, how would one know a supervisor ALWAYS agrees with the employee? He is just requesting a clarification on policy. The supervisor will either say "well, yes, we do accept debit cards" and then go into some kind of defense for the employee OR reiterate that only cash is accepted. Either way, one finds out what the policy is and if it's cash only, it is what it is. Period. He wouldn't have gotten to buy the MO anyway AND he would know he had a YMMV event.

Who goes to the grocery store to "want to be known in a store unless it's in a good way, with cashier 'friends'"? Peeps in a tight community? Sure, but for the majority, peeps go to the grocery store to seek out the products and services it provides. They buy, then leave.

What is all the angst about suspicion? He is just going to stand in line and then ask a question. If the staff there is so ornery that shopping at that store is a problem, one wouldn't want to make it a habit to go there anyway.

It's not like we have flashing digital displays with "MS patron" across our clothing.

I stick with my advice and I've actually received a PM that it's acceptable advice. He has the right to inquire further. We agree to disagree.
Horrible!!! Going back another day? Yes, because the same people never work more than one day a week. No, they are so stupid that they won't be suspicious after a couple of times. No, corporate won't care and won't intervene by blocking that store, every store in the area, then the entire chain. There won't be any red flags involved at all. Their flashing display reads scam, not MS. <face palm>

Originally Posted by mrbiggs223
Yea its YMMV - Had a clerk at Kroger refuse to sell MO because of no name printed on the card. After I asked for 500/500 split he immediately asked to see the card and said he couldn't do it because people were "scamming them with reloadable cards".
This. These actions are indicative of those committing fraud. Whether real or perceived, stores WILL take measures to limit their exposure.