FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR AirTrain to be Suspended for 75 Days Starting May 1 (Now Open as of 3 July 2014)
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:11 am
fjfv19

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by milepig
These two statements seem to be in conflict, no access other than NJ Transit or Air Train - vs. buses run from the EWR stop when the Air Train isn't functioning. Which is correct?
They are not mutually exclusive statements. In my case, the Air Train wasn't working, so they had a special bus service run from EWR NJ Transit Station to EWR. On a normal day, there would be no scheduled bus service between the two (as dino is referencing) so the only option is the Air Train.

What others have suggested is to do as they have done in my situation, and run the bus from EWR NJ Transit Station and EWR which seems to makes perfect sense.

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
A PATH extension to the EWR rail station is supposedly coming -- at a cst of about $2billion.
I can guarantee:
1) Cost overruns. Can't justify the project by stating the true cost! Better to start, blow through the $2 bn and then say "we can't stop now!" and submit a massive change order.
2) A timetable which is minimal 1.5x as long as originally forecast.

Anyone want to bet against me?