FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Carlson Account Compromised
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:47 pm
standardgirl

Programs: DL-Diamond & 1MM; HH-Diamond; Marriott-Gold
Received an email from CC this morning as well saying that my email address and/or password has been recently changed and that a redemption was made in my account. After reading FT, I managed to login to my account using my CC number (as the email address got changed). Phoned CC and the CSR changed my email address back to the original one. As of right now, I have my password reset to something completely different and am waiting for my points to be re-deposited back.

It was just for 7,000 points ($10 gift card) luckily!

as a result, I also changed all my hotel and airline login credentials this morning which was a much bigger hassle

a big ^ for CC though for their ability to react and detect potential fraudulent activities!

I should add that I've not stayed at a CC property since 2010 (and probably haven't logged in to my account for quite a while and never on public computer) and my CC account information is not used anywhere on any other program tracking website online. I guess the hacker probably managed to generate the password randomly? I can't think of any other way as my password can't be guessed otherwise. A bit confused.

Last edited by standardgirl; Apr 8, 2014 at 7:54 pm