FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stores that sell $500 GCs(up to 2019)
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:29 pm
uncommonsensical

Originally Posted by jan_believes

Not that you should do this but if you are in that store again sometime, maybe ask for a supervisor at the service desk to see if someone QUICKLY trained and a bit reactive might have misrepresented the store policy. Best wishes!
i'm sorry, but this is TERRIBLE advice. i cannot disagree with it enough.

he was showing a real debit card, but the key to MO's for MS is the ability to use VGC's. further, he's new to this so a lot of supervisors will just agree with the cashier. then what does he do???? he'd pretty much have to write off the store. you don't want to be known in a store unless it's in a good way, with cashier 'friends'.

my advise would be if that was teh night shift, go in the morning or vice versa. he also needs to be confident, not act suspicious or unsure of himself- this makes them think he's doing something wrong. if he still strikes out, then go to another store. better yet, go farther away from your house/work to
'practice' and get comfortable, so you don't blow up stores for yourself along your normal travel paths while learning!

when i try something new, i do it away from my normal area. i don't want stores i need to start getting suspicious of me. if i'm in another city, i'll use it as a test bed.