FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dollar General $500 OneVanilla Gift Cards - Success story
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:50 pm
freshpoints

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Premier
Talking

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Great example of someone who can read, comprehend and execute successfully
All thanks to this forum!

Originally Posted by brc01
Wow, not only did you execute your first MS in a flawless manner you were extremely efficient with time/distance spent. Way to go!

With that kind of savviness, I'm sure you'll maximize other MS avenues in no time! ^
I try my best to make running errands and driving (time spent/costs) as efficient as possible - I really dislike driving out of my way.

As for the execution, I played out the entire scenario in my head beforehand - I felt like Jason Bourne on a mission

Originally Posted by michael_v
I am assuming same $4.95 fee as other outlets?
Yes, 4.95

Originally Posted by Finkface
Congrats on a successful and reasonably stress-free first time. My first MS was exactly like yours except with a GC from Safeway with the waived activation fee from the Club Card. I then graduated to VR's (snif!) and haven't looked back. If only all newbies would take the time to do what you (and I) did - read, start with baby steps and not panic. Well done.
Thanks! I felt confident enough with the my plan to "go all in" at $500.00 - plus, I just couldn't justify spending the same 4.95 for a $25 or $50 VGC. Worst case scenario, I'd have a $500 gift card to use for misc purchases.

I like this strategy, and I'll stick with it, but I'm already getting the "itch" to explore more options. Baby steps though!