FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dollar General $500 OneVanilla Gift Cards - Success story
Old Apr 7, 2014, 12:08 pm
freshpoints

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Premier
Dollar General $500 OneVanilla Gift Cards - Success story

My first post, thought I would share a recent success story in light of the new restrictions on Vanilla Reloads from CVS. Please note I am in the process of reaching my Citi AAdvantage 100k mile bonus. This is the first time I've used MS - my past bonuses were all achieved at times when I had legitimate reasons to put purchases on the cards (PIF of course).

I picked up a $500 OneVanilla Visa Gift Card from Dollar General using my Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard. The cashier said she doesn't think I could use a credit card, but she said she would try anyway. It went through!

I then came home to register the PIN, however upon logging in I found that you actually don't register a PIN. The cardholder sets the pin at the first purchase.

I took the card to my Walmart Money Center (which does not have a kiosk). I asked the cashier for a money order for 499.30 (the money order charge is 70 cents). I swiped the card, selected a pin (any pin), and then came approval.

I received the Money Order, endorsed it and paid it to myself, headed over to my bank which, conveniently is located inside WalMart, and made a deposit.

This was my first MS, I was a bit nervous to be honest! I hope this information can help someone.