FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting to the end of 16 A+/SW credits for 1 RR RT
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:01 am
rsteinmetz70112

Originally Posted by daw4888
None that has been announced. SW will have to do something when AirTran goes away at the end of the year. I would assume they will just transfer all your credits to Rapid Reward credits.
I'm not sure what they will do.

They can not simply transfer credit to RR accounts, because many Airtran customers don't have RR accounts or haven't connected the accounts. Automatically creating new accounts would seem to cause more problems than it would create.

I think it most likely they will keep the A+ Rewards site up for a while and continue to allow transfers to RR accounts, but block transfers from RR to A+. In two years all existing A+ rewards points will be transferred or expire.

Another related issue is what to do about existing Airtran vouchers, which have less and less value as Airtran contracts. Airtran will usually convert free flight vouchers to A+ Credits simply by asking. The more recent dollar value vouchers require asking Airtran to do something to allow you to book on Southwest. I understand that can happen sometimes if you ask.