FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July
Old Apr 5, 2014, 5:53 am
RNE

Originally Posted by bonsaisai
Same here. I missed the boat. At one point it was as low as $1100 ORD-IST. Would have really loved to try AF/AZ/KL business class because I just don't fly with SkyTeam that often, let alone in business class.
Loved ST back in the day.

Anyway, if you have never been to IST, then you really did miss the boat. IST is one of the most fascinating cities in the world—and has been since XYZZY graduated from high school there. Class of 500 A.D. I explored IST for a week (between riots) last May—for < $900 (coach+miles upgrade to BF) when UA was failing on the route. Grand adventure!

Originally Posted by bonsaisai
Now $1100 is not even enough for coach. But I already booked an extensive trip to Europe taking advantage of the Star Alliance deal. How many business class trips to Europe can one take in one summer?
I'm taking three. ^

Anyway, the upshot of this post is to keep looking for deals. If this deal is/was a fare war, it may flare up again. If not then there's always the next boat to catch, as it were.

RNE, opining that only losers fly in coach.