FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The end of JASA'a
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:58 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Platy
BUT the downside for QF is that they have made me far less loyal and will much less business from me. This is because:

1) I don't place any additional value on QF points due to their status credit earn potential
2) with QF points thus devalued (and given the low earn rate and high burn rate plus fuel surcharges) points in other FFs schemes that I would have previously not even have considered now become very attractive (read VA for domestic, transfer to SQ from Amex not QF, etc).
3) now there is increased risk of being stranded short of a Platinum or Platinum One threshold, I am far less likely to even bother chasing QF Platinum/Platinum One status given I am already a Lifetime Gold
4) there is far less overall opportunity to earn points (assumed but not announced yet) and credits if I have need/desire to fly on another OneWorld carrier
My feelings are the same. I am so glad I kept my AMEX MR points within AX rather than transferring them blindly to QF. I can now see far more opportunities outside the "everything QF" feeling I had several years ago. This includes *A and the ShyTeam. And - surprise - surprise - the others are usually cheaper. And, of course, other OW FF programs.