FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:29 pm
chicaloca453

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I have a question. I have a reservation with United. I did a ticket exchange for one of these P fare sales. I have the payment screen that says amount due is $960.10 ($1550 les $598.90 for old ticket). That is also the amount that United authorized to my AMEX. However this must have happened at the same time as the fare was pulled. Now United has changed the itinerary but they say I owe $4900 for it to ticket.

I understand that fares get pulled, but I'm wondering if since it let me get all the way to the payment screen and they authorized my card can they do this? And before I get the smart *ss answer of they can do anything they want, please don't flame. I'm asking an honest question.

I do have a similar itinerary ($50 more) on hold if need be, but I was hoping to use the ticket since I won't be taking the trip it was for. I also can't refund the ticket because part of it is a bump voucher that I will lose in a refund.