FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:54 pm
freecia

Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
Hi Freecia - can you tell if they switched equipment to a Skywest plane w/ no first cabin? If so I would still take it as the bulk of the flights are still in P (right?)

Even if not, you're right that you'd still earn 150% PQM from the Y fare class.

It would be a little ominous if they downgraded your ticket from P to Y if the plane still has a first cabin - perhaps they're chipping away at the fantastic deals they've given out?
They didn't switch equipment as it is still the CRJ700. Expertflyer shows that all of the Biz seats are available.

If they're going to chip away at the fantastic deal, is there some kind of downgrade compensation I should ask for or would the 3 min schedule change be enough to get a free rerouting/reschedule for a lie flat? I checked the seats on checkmytrip which shows seats assigned to 1C & 1D but lufthansa.com shows the P downgrade to Y with seat map for economy.

I don't want to be greedy but I also like a good deal

The LH portions are still P. My return Skywest LAX-SJC was already in Y but that's a shorter flight than SJC-DEN.