FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cash+Points tickets can be a good deal
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:41 pm
SecretGuy

Programs: EBG (SK*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
I am lost here.

I just planned for a points+cash trip, trying to "earn status miles" by earning PLUS fares paying partly with points, but this became really interesting:
When buying an "OK" PLUS fare, the fare jumped ridiculously when trying to pay partly with points so that the "base" where it started to deduct points became higher = not attractive anymore??? A glitch? Or is this something SAS has built in order to not buy "too-well-earning" fares from points perspective?

The award charts still show 60k GO and 100k BIZ Nordic-USA and people are reporting increased long-haul points here?
The award tix are the same price, however Go on the Cash+Points combo seem to have doubled. The biz tickets are now "cheaper" (ie. 100k one-way on long-haul to EWR/IAD/ORD). The award tickets (with much less availability) are the same pointprice wise.

It's quite an interesting system, seeing as the points have way higher $$-value when using it to book business tickets on Cash+Points. I would prefer the value to be the same as before on Go though. As long as there was a decent amount of seats left, the price in points on Cash+Points were about the same as with award tickets (which is probably why they changed it in the first place)..