FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Critique my plans for my first BA experience
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:27 pm
thom1033

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Diamond,
Critique my plans for my first BA experience

Doing a burn of my AA miles in style, and taking the long way around to get to Australia to see family.

Sunday, May 4th: I'm flying LIT-DFW-IAH on AA domestic F. Then flying BA 196 in F IAH-LHR, arriving ~11:30 a.m. Monday, May 5th. I'm connecting on QF 10 that night departing approximately 10:30 p.m. flying first LHR-DXB-MEL on the A380, arriving Wednesday morning MEL time.

Yep. Long way around. It allows me to fly BA for the first time (and my first 777) and experience first on the QF A380 (flew J last October on a paid ticket LAX-MEL).

My plan is to shower at the T5 arrivals lounge, then catch the HEX into London. I'd like to grab a low-key lunch at a traditional London pub. I may try one of the hop on/hop off buses to tour around a bit or am considering walking to the Natural History Museum.

Would then take the HEX back to LHR, catch a shower at one of the F lounges in T3 (AA the best?), then hop a bit between AA/CX/BA and sample the food and champagne before my departure. I'm planning on getting back to LHR around 6:00 or so as I love to plane spot and wander airports. I haven't been to LHR in over 20 years, so it will all be new to me.

Anything I'm missing? Other suggestions? I'm very excited about the trip overall. I've not flown int'l F before, only J in Qantas last year and United ~17 years ago.