FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coach to Europe E- on *A vs E+ on UA
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:28 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by spin88
But even if the UA 772 was flying this route (so you get 36" pitch and the same seat width as on ANA) I would still go with ANA on the 77W. Any extra 2" of leg room is not worth the loss of service quality and crappy soft product UAL offers at this point.
Maybe Seth doesn't like the ANA slide-seat.

Anyone have thoughts on how the Asiana Y seat compares to UA? The big downside of Asian in Y that I can see is that their most common discount fare, W, accrues at only 70% (and no premier bonus, unlike NH).

I think a bigger/harder question is how UAL is going to fill up two 744s x-SFO to NRT without the connecting traffic it once got. Its not like they have spare 772s flying around. They might cut back to once a day.
Well it's been two 744s most of the past six months, just switched to a 772 within the past month or so. Which begs the question, because there have been some really light loads in J on 852 especially. That second IAH-NRT is not going to help fill seats out of SFO either. Not to mention, as I think you're suggesting, the loss of US traffic, particularly ex-PHX and CLT.