FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS master thread(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:54 pm
pawtim

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by Happy
it has tiny print at the top said prepaid card, but thankfully it has a much bigger print DEBIT right above the Visa logo.

Should a cashier demand to see your card, I would imagine you could be SOL as there is no name printed on it. And the small print clearly indicated this is a Prepaid Visa Card. Even the dumbest cashier knows that that means I am afraid.

That said, it is much nicer looking than those with a huge bow or giftwrapped box printed across the card face. lol.
Ha! Those huge bows and gift wrapped boxes are so glaringly obvious! Avoiding them would be great.

On a serious note though, if the cashier demands to see your card after you've swiped it, which sometimes is the case, I wonder what happens if they void out the transaction. Anyone know? I had a problem using an MVD card (not at CVS) in which MVD authorized the transaction, and despite it never being completed wouldn't, make the funds available for a year unless a release letter was sent by the manager! I would not want to go through something like that again.