FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Mar 28, 2014, 8:57 am
sincera4565

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by FTRox87
Data point: called Citi (on an unrelated note), sorted an issue out, then thought about cancelling my cards (plat & select) which are in good standing with perfect payment history etc but not using em much since getting the Exec recently. I've had em for about 2 yrs now [more or less first time calling in for something.]

Instead CSR offered me AF refund/credit for this year on both cards that recently posted + 1k miles each month for the next 16mo that I spend $1k in aggregate that's 16k bonus miles + 16k from reg spending = 32k total miles (x2). other offer was no AF credit, and 3k miles for spending $500 in the next 3mo.

what are people's thoughts -- how have y'all been doing with retention offers and/or bonuses w/CitiAA?!
There are lots of discussion about this
Citi retention offer thread

also, if you are about to redeem AA miles, you might want to do that before canceling your AA plat, because it will give you 10% miles rebate up to 10k but AA exec in fact didn't provide this benefits IIRC