FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norway in a Nutshell - Questions
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:12 pm
TRRed

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Warning: slight thread hijacking ahead . . .
Late May/early June I am planning for 6 nights in Norway, flying into Bergen and out of Oslo. Leaning toward 4 in Bergen, then NiaNs, then 2 in Oslo. I have visited both places before, but more than 10 yrs ago, and that was in late November. Interested in walking/trekking (day hiking) and probably will do some photography, more nature than otherwise.
1. Would I be better doing 3 & 3? Or 3 in Bergen, 1 along NiaNs (which location?), and 2 in Oslo?
2. On FjordTours website for NiaNs, there was a reference to baggage service being available between Bergen and Oslo, but no further information that I can see. Any idea of costs? Is the service available same day as travel (drop bags in AM, pick up at destination in PM)?
3. Especially for getting in so late in Oslo after NaiNs and a day or two later needing to leave around 8AM for the airport, it appears the hotels around the station would make the most sense. Any particular ones you would recommend (or recommend avoiding)? Several posts had nice comments about Thon Hotel Opera. I don't have any status/points with any of the chains that seem to be in Oslo or Bergen, except a small amount of HHonors that may work with Scandic. Smoke-free room is important.
4. Any recent info/recommendations on hotels in Bergen? I have seen a number of recommendations in several threads and will reread those also.

Thanks,
TRRed