FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by ABG
You can look towards Virtuoso perhaps as the way to secure the Park Hyatt with breakfast daily while still earning the GP Points. Plus you will probably get a room upgrade (never missed one yet at this hyatt)
I thought one of the virtuoso perks for the PH Washington was room upgrade at booking? At least it was in the past..... I was able to confirm an upgrade to an Ambassador suite for a future stay.. if you have access to FHR, they are offering a 4th night free at the Georgetown and DC Rc and 3rd night free at the MO... I like the PH because it's a good value for DC vs the FS and RC.. I've always found the rates consistently lower.. that all being said, I prefer the FS to the PH...

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
For people who are coming to the U.S. for the first time, the PH is probably better than anything in Georgetown, since why would they want to spend time in a yuppie/upper-middle-class enclave whose stores/restaurants/cupcakes/etc. can't compare to what they would have already found in NY. flyinginu, how are rates at other upscale/luxury hotels like The Jefferson, Mandarin Oriental, etc. for your dates?
First time to DC some place like the ST. Regis would probably be better.. The Jefferson too. I find the MO's location to be quite horrible. I still prefer being in the heart of Georgetown vs Foggy Bottom... the restaurant selection is much much better and there are more things to walk to... the area around the PH has absolutely zero character....

FDW

Last edited by FlyingDoctorwu; Mar 26, 2014 at 7:29 pm