FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Chongqing?
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:45 am
wxguy

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I'm just finishing up a two-night stay. Normally, I'm a huge fan of JW's in Asia (BKK, HKG, PVG, PEK....). But this one is old and tired. The lobby is nice, and staff friendly. They gave me a suite (explained as a "sweet room," so at first I was surprised when I opened the door).

I've updated the sticky with CL information.

The first night, the room was cold. Sure, it was ~60F outside, but that doesn't mean it should be ~60F inside! Putting the thermostat to 30C with the fan on high in either room made it just colder. If you complain enough, the front desk will send up an electric space heater. It seams the heat has been turned off and A/C turned on for the summer. No going back. My colleague a few floors up had the same issue.

The bathroom, especially around the tub, is showing wear. And the "shower" is just a hand-held gizmo in the tub. No separate shower, no wall-mounted fixture.

The Internet (both WiFi and fixed line) is horrrrrrrribly slow. Worse than the old 300 baud phone link. I could not in any way support a Skype video connection, and the audio-only connection was quite poor. Web pages take forever to load. The service goes up and down. And it's not just in my room, the same with the WiFi in the Lounge 10 floors up.

Glad I'm heading to the JWM PEK tomorrow!