FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LOVE HYATT BUT GOT DEVASTATED - Hyatt Regency Cancun Closing Doors 30 Apr 14
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:53 pm
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I am very sorry to hear of your misfortune. That stands. That said, what remains is just the value of your points. I'd suggest wasting no time after you hear Customer Relations' (the place to escalate) final response in getting the Zilara reserved. Getting out from under all the grief you describe is well worth the extra points, IMO. I suggest that the HR will be a distant memory once you're there - and you'll feel that you were blessed after all. (This said without having a clue about what the Zilara is like, but its all-in set-up alone makes me think you'll have stepped in **** and come up smelling like a rose.)

One more thing - noting the word "comp" in your OP - is there the slight chance that there was a miscommunication with the GP CSR as to what you were asking for?

ETA: One more thing. It is a poor reflection that the first that even "insiders" like us hear about this is this post. I imagine that there are many plans that are needing to be changed. This said, it's not the first time there's been an audible at scrimmage in how Hyatt handles Cancun. Good luck to all.

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 25, 2014 at 7:02 pm