FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Tip in Certain Situations?
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:51 pm
cbn42
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

1. Bell Hop Takes your Bag to Your Room: $1 per bag (although I normally take my own bags)

2. Housekeeping on a ONE NIGHT (in-and-out) stay: nothing, that's their job (although I normally don't take housekeeping for a one night stay)

3. Housekeeping (per night or at end) on a multi-night stay: nothing, unless I left a particularly messy room, in which case, $5

4. Housekeeping on a multi-night stay when you do Green Choice (say 5 days using GC. What do you tip at end of stay?): no idea what Green Choice is

5. Valet takes your car: nothing, that's their job

6. Valet goes and gets your car: nothing, that's their job

7. Concierge helps you out: nothing, that's their job

8. Front Desk person goes above and beyond (scores a great suite, slips you drink tickets, etc.): both of those sound like bribery to me. I know it is common practice in Vegas, but I would certainly not participate.

9. Wait Staff when they have already included a 20% tip on the bill: nothing, since it's already included.

10. Club Lounge Attendant: if they pour you a drink, then perhaps $1 in the US (like at any other bar). In foreign countries, depends on local custom

11. Server when you are at a buffet (they bring coffee, juice, then bring bill). 10% of bill