FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LOVE HYATT BUT GOT DEVASTATED - Hyatt Regency Cancun Closing Doors 30 Apr 14
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:41 pm
A-Train

Programs: Southwest CP/A & Hyatt Globalist - love both of these companies!
Exclamation LOVE HYATT BUT GOT DEVASTATED - Hyatt Regency Cancun Closing Doors 30 Apr 14

I've been with Hyatt for TEN years. Love them and travel with them exclusively. If there's no Hyatt, we don't go there. Promote them to everyone and even have their credit card.

Booked airfare and an entire trip for my whole family (three households from 3 different states) to fly to Cancun the first week of August 2014.
Understand that is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE with eight jobs, kids, school, sports, obligations, etc...

Saved Hyatt points from exclusive personal and corporate travel for two years, and all anniversary awards from my Hyatt Credit card. Went to book TWELVE nights using anniversary and point awards at the Hyatt Regency Cancun ----- told that the hotel being sold and renamed the Grand Crystal Cancun on April 30, 2014 . Points, diamond amenities, regency club, suite upgrades, etc... are no longer valid at the property .

There is no news flash or write-up on the Hyatt website or the web. You can still book full price nights on the Hyatt website. As a diamond member, I am totally bummed. Non-refundable airfare has been paid for, and now I went from hero to zero with my family. What am I supposed to do now???

Called Diamond line and GP supervisor - "nothing we can do." They were empathetic, but not willing to really DO anything.

Asked if maybe they would let me stay at the Zilara Cancun for the same points as Regency Cancun (8k x 10 nights = 80k) - since this entire issue is not my fault and handled somewhat unprofessionally on Hyatt.com with no update/news/options etc... "No, that type of comp is above our pay grade."

Who among you is feeling creative?
Is there a better option I have not considered?
Is there an executive contact who might be able to perform a miracle?

I love Hyatt so much, and act as a center of influence with my company and other travel firms, but this has really ruined my summer and my past YEARS of planning.

Right now we are out over a THOUSAND DOLLARS for non-refundable flights. More importantly, few things are worse than letting down your own family and their dreams of an awesome summer vacation.

CRUSHED - Please help me.