FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Let MH / Malaysia Airlines have its forum
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:45 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by GUWonder
With domestic airline consolidation and reduced count of domestic airlines in any of the Big 3 airline alliances, it's only natural that in an environment of growing international membership in those alliances that the domestic forum creation would lag behind and behind big time.

The TB and moderator representatives' backgrounds may be largely in line with the historically, primarily US-membership base and a US (and even pro-US Government) bias that does sort of drive this place (in some ways more now than even before), but that hasn't really held back the international angle of this place despite the foot dragging over, or stomping against, TOS-compliant diversity and diversification.

It's rather amusing how MH has not yet got its own forum on FT despite smaller carriers with fewer international flights having already had the same. I supported the creation of an MH forum before and I still do. I also would volunteer to moderate the forum if there wouldn't be a hissy-fit of sort over that.
We like to allow a broad latitude of speech here for obvious reasons, but I assure you your conjecture is not supported by facts, nor do they belong in this forum (OMNI/PR).

We do have criteria for TalkBoard to consider requests for a new forum, but these have not been followed here. Please refer to SkiAdcock's post for the suggested data.

JDiver

/Moderator