FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to find cheap hotel rates?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2003, 8:49 pm
ALW

Where to find cheap hotel rates?

Other than Priceline, that is.

I'm trying to get the cheapest possible rate on a one-night stay at the Radisson Laval on a Saturay in the near future. I'm thrilled (sarcasm) to discover the general-purpose booking engines seem even more broken than before.

I've tried Expedia, Travelocity, ITN, TravelWeb and CheapHotels, in addition to Radisson's site. Are there any other favourite sites for beating these prices? Anywhere for a possible extra reduction Wednesday before the weekend?

Here's what I get so far.

Radisson's site:
C$99 (HotDeal, prepaid) or C$109 (SuperSaver)

Expedia.com:
If I ask for a whole week, I get $82.84 MWT and $77.76 FS with Tu sold out. Or I can ask for just Saturday and get $69.68! I'm guessing these are U$ but why is Saturday-only cheaper than Saturday (individually broken out) as part of a week!?

Expedia.ca:
$96.30 which I figure must be C$ and reinforces that expedia.com is U$

itn.com:
C$109.00 (same as SuperSaver) but I had to login to get it, not-logged-in it just kept telling me it didn't recognize "Montreal" as a serach city.

Travelweb.com:
C$109.00 although I had to click and click and click to get to it (didn't see a way to filter).

Travelocity.ca:
U$75.95, now this is really stupid, a Canadian site giving me (logged in with a Canadian address) the price of a Canadian hotel in U$!! Also excessively expensive.

Thanks!
andrew