FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is airtickets.com a scam website?
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:50 pm
FoReal

Is airtickets.com a scam website?

This is my first post on Flyertalk. I've enjoyed reading the forums over the past few months as aviation is a big interest of mine, although I don't get to fly half as much as I'd like to.

I'm currently trying to book a flight from DUB to SFO. I've been watching the prices on skyscanner.ie and kayak.ie for the past 2 weeks and one online travel agency is coming up cheapest everytime: airtickets.com. However, as soon as I try to book the flight, a notification pops up saying that the price has changed (usually bringing the cost up to the same level as the other travel agencies). This is despite skyscanner telling me that the quoted price is the up to date "live" one.

My second gripe with the website is that it won't accept my surname because it has a space in it e.g. "Mc Donald" as opposed to "McDonald". I have to input my name exactly as it is on my passport or it causes trouble when checking-in. This is bizarre and it's the only website I've ever had this difficulty with.

They don't respond to emails either. A quick google tells me the site is based in Russia. Is this true? Has anyone got any experience booking flights with them? And before anybody chimes in with "book your flights directly with the airline" - this is not an option due to cost. Thanks in advance for any help.