FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGW-LAS Upgrade
Thread: LGW-LAS Upgrade
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:36 pm
Gizm01

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Greetings Gizm01, welcome to Flyertalk, and may this be the start of a long association with the BA board. Thank you for the question and please continue to post. Welcome on board.

Given your ticket is with AA, you won't get a Pro Active upgrade. You almost certainly won't get a free upgrade either, given the popularity of that route with BAEC status members. You already know the UuA issue, and if you had booked with BA it would also be unlikely that you could upgrade from WT to WTP, due to the fare buckets that are usually involved.

So your two options are to get AA to upgrade you at their normal prices, or to ask at LGW for an airport upgrade promotion - for cash - on the day of travel, at check-in. I don't think you're in with a good chance, but you can only try.
I will definitely try (otherwise I know I would have to pay for the ticket outright with AA).

After reading my post, I realize I left out that I am coming from Dublin via Aer Lingus - where would I go to see if I could upgrade at LGW? Do I have to go back to the front or is there a terminal I could go to?

Sorry for the newbie questions, first time traveling international and just want to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible.