FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGW-LAS Upgrade
Thread: LGW-LAS Upgrade
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:03 pm
Gizm01

LGW-LAS Upgrade

I apologize if I am posting this to the wrong forum. After researching, I am a little unclear about the upgrade process. I am booked to fly LGW-LAS at the end of May via BA. I booked the entire ticket through AA so I know this is codeshare and that miles to upgrade would have to be full fare (which my ticket isnt). From what I can see, I am booked on 777 which is the 3 tier class and not the 4 tier.

Question is if I would still be eligible to upgrade at the 24 hour mark if the option existed (through MMB as I received the record locator from AA) or if I truly could only upgrade at the gate (minus calling AA and attempting to grab either a T ticket or an upgradable Y and using miles).

Also, I guess this is an easy answer but figured I would ask anyway, has anyone just upgraded at the gate at time of check in and are these flights usually full to capacity. I would fly WT if I absolutely had to but figured would be nice to upgrade without having to pay full.)

Forgot to add, I have no status with either AA or BA so I know I would have to either pay full fare or hope at check in I can upgrade)

Im sorry for another upgrade thread! I really researched and couldnt really find the answer I was looking for. Thank you in advance!