FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:08 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by welookgood.com
Received an e-mail that the IHG CC will be converted over the next few months from Visa to Select Mastercard.
I was planning to cancel due to my travel patterns changing. By way of "new product" does it mean that I would be eligible for the bonus again in the future should my travel plans change?
Got the email to check SM on the conversion.

In the SM it says the MC would arrive around May 17th (in the middle of our trip somewhere).

If you are planning to re-apply, you probably should cancel the Visa now. Enough data points on this thread the last couple weeks have indicated that Chase would NOT allow having both a Visa and a MC.

The MC version is so new, there is no way to know whether new bonus would be awarded until 1 to 2 months from now the earliest.

It is better to wait for evidence rather than trying to "interpret" the wording, just my opinion. After all, it is Chase who would decide what exactly that means, not by you and me and anyone on FT... so it is useless to ask for an interpretation here.