FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA CC not exactly 'putting themselves out' for my dear mum.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:48 am
at240

Originally Posted by oscietra
I don't think the OP stated that she actually asked for a coffee, just asked "when the next drinks run would be".

While it would be nice for the crewmember to have connected the dots and offered a coffee, it's not part of the economy service, and most people can make it to the galley where a range of drinks are usually available on a tray.

Difficult to expect someone who doesn't travel much to know that, but it's really a case of needing to articulate one's needs clearly.
I think that a reasonable response to her enquiry would have been to say 'not for two hours, but would you like me to bring you something sooner? Or did you know that there are some drinks available in the galley if you'd like something right now?'

It's just the basics. To fly, to serve.

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
It really is part of the service for crew to look after passengers and serve them at their seats, part of the SCCMs introduction actually invites passengers to use the call bell or visit the galley for any drinks. Personally I find it is strange that any crew member being asked that question would have not immediately realised that this customer wanted a hot drink!
^ Exactly right.