FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] LA MEX-EZE $153 All In
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:44 am
jrweaver912

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Which airline plated your ticket (what were the first three numbers of your ticket number)?

The Alaska Airlines website says AM segments must be ticketed and marketed by AM... if they are not enforcing that I will dig out my AM BP and try to slip one past the goalie...
tl;dr It was LAN stock; I stacked the deck and AS made a boo boo (or has changed/is not enforcing their policy but occam's razor would suggest the boo boo hypothesis)

It was LAN (045 stock) purchased from priceline.

The last 2 segments credited by themselves as I was able to put my FF# in during online check in.

In MEX the AM check in staff didn't know that AS was a partner of AM and every time I confirmed they were indeed she would just point to the skyteam banner hanging up and say no only those until I gave up.

In Lima when I went to the transfer desk to get my next 2 BP reprinted on LAN stock she could barely speak english and my spanish is atrocious so I didn't even try to get it put on there.

What I emailed in was all 3 boarding passes and a slightly edited copy of my aeromexico virtually there itinerary as it listed it as AM 48 vs as a LAN codeshare (I scanned it and used paint to remove the reservation code, the aeromexico logo and the skyteam logo then printed it to pdf and combined it with the boarding pass pdf into 1 file)

The full ticket code was on all 3 boarding passes so I left it to AS to decide what to credit and how. I was hoping for this outcome but if they only gave me the 2 LAN flights so be it.

Last edited by jrweaver912; Mar 18, 2014 at 10:02 am