Old Mar 18, 14, 9:25 am
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,438
You may wish to consider Zip Car (which seems to exist in Toronto as well). You'll need to check the terms to make sure you can join, but if you have an American "or reciprocal" driving license it seems to be OK.

Not only is the cost of the congestion charge in central London included, but relatives have also found it useful for getting the train out of London, renting a Zipcar when they get to Oxford/Cambridge and then driving to their ultimate destination from there. Getting out of London in a car can take a significant amount of time (obviously depending on where you start/finish!).
LondonAndy is offline