FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multi-leg booking. At once or separately.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:48 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xero9
Corpt, I've NEVER been to London, England, Europe, or anywhere outside of the Eastern time zone for that matter! My plan for London was to rent a car at Heathrow and drive to the hotel and have it parked for most the time (I know it seems like a waste), taking it out only on the days we were leaving the city. Now you have me worried, haha.
Unlike in North America and South Africa, the default in NW Europe is not to hire a car. I think I've done it about twice in my life in NW Europe and I travel a fair bit around that patch. Public transport is quite efficient on the whole. But a lot depends on where you are wanting to travel to in the London area. Certainly if you were going to a number of isolated rural locations then I can see the case, and indeed you may as well get a hotel not right in the centre to reduce the parking and congestion tax. If it's the Stratford upon Avon, Stonehenge and Oxford then definitely don't do it!

But by all means give us a few more details, I'm sure we will come up with some good ideas.