FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar vs KLM vs Lufthansa? youth flyer
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:23 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
My last trip to Australia was on Qatar. I'd pick them above either of the other options (as others have noted, your KLM and Lufthansa tickets would necessarily involve other carriers - I'm guessing perhaps Malaysia Airlines for the KLM ticket, and Thai or Singapore Airlines for the Lufthansa ticket).

Transferring in Doha should be easier than transferring in KUL/BKK/SIN - in Doha, you will be bussed from the plane to the transfer terminal, just keep an eye out and make sure you get off at the correct stop (it's clearly indicated/announced on board). Doha airport is quite small, so you won't have the same issue with finding your way to the gate for your next flight that may arise in bigger, multi-terminal airports.

The onboard service on QR is far better than what you would receive with KLM or Lufthansa on board. The entertainment options are also far better with QR. (You can usually find the current month's movie/TV selections by looking at each airline's website - Qatar; KLM; Lufthansa)

By the way - I would definitely recommend that you at least call into a Flight Centre or some other travel agent in Perth - you are entitled to special Youth Fares which may be unavailable for general sale or not advertised online, and could actually find a cheaper ticket, or just save money on whatever prices you are now considering.