FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR T3 mini-rant .. great BA staff..
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:39 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I am not trying to belittle your experience but may I just say that this is a rather good example of unintended consequences.

I assume you turned up early to reduce the possible stress of being tight for time should something unexpected happened while trying to get to the airport.

Then by turning up early you encountered a situation which caused you stress (or annoyance or both), and it probably delayed you a fair bit as well.

For some unknown reason I am finding it rather interesting. Sorry, that doesn't mean I don't feel sympathetic because I do tend to give myself a bit of a margin, sometimes a big margin, to get to the airport just in case. I can see myself getting into a similar situation although I'd probably have stood at the shutters like a piece of vegetable with rolling eyes rather than going back out.

I suggest you write to HAL to complain about the rudeness of staff. T3 security staff, to me, seem much worse than T5 ones for some reason and it might be one of the staff members about whom others have already complained. In fact I even had T3 security staff share their feelings about other staff members being rude, so it's unlikely to be an isolated case of rudeness.