FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:16 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
8K is a lot of money, but I believe it's not in our collective best interest for them to be sued over this. It only makes it less likely they would do unlimited deals like this again...brings attention to us. Not saying that you shouldn't pursue this...it may be in your best interest, but our community needs no extra attention.
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
You might want to take a breathe and actually read what I wrote. I never told the OP not to pursue it, nor did I say he shouldn't.
Originally Posted by I can see for miles
Hey Zep,

You told the poster not to sue WF over 8K -- and what Happy, myself, and some others of us will take issue with is this: That's NOT in the poster's best interest. As anyone will tell you who has successfully recovered a large sum of money, miles or points on a CC deal that a bank is trying to renege on, the ONLY way to get what you've earned is to sue the bank, which, in most cases, leads to a settlement in which you get everything you've earned. I know from firsthand experience and from conversations with other FTers that it literally is the ONLY way to hold a CC issuer accountable. Otherwise, the bank will cite its weasely T&Cs to screw you and be done with you.

If a bank does end a deal such as this, it's far, far more likely because it gets a clue and realizes too many MSers are earning more than it had intended to pay out -- not because too many MSers are suing to hold the bank accountable and make it pay out a few more times. Very few MSers sue for what they've earned. Those who do are a sliver of the already tiny MS sliver (compared to the general population of CC users).
Thank you for posting this.

The way you, me and others read it - Zep is only concerned with the "collective interest", i.e. his ability to continue to earn, but certainly not concerned with the interest of the person who has lost $8K.