FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A thread for good fares we can use our GPU
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:34 pm
NiceLanding

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Why? Many of us have lots of flexibility. There are many destinations we've visited that I probably never would have considered if it weren't for upgrade availability.
Yes, I suppose my initial reaction was skewed towards my own situation, buying tickets mostly for business and using awards for long-haul vacations. Someone doing mileage runs or buying leisure tickets they hope to upgrade would see things differently. In that case, bargain W fares would indeed be relevant.

My suggestion to the OP, then, is to create such a thread within the Mileage Run forum, rather than the UA forum, because IMO you'll find the highest concentration of bargain hunters there, many of whom will be looking at UA anyway and are probably thinking about upgrades themselves. Your criteria are not quite what they're reporting now, but such a thread would encourage them to do so.