FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hainan Airlines 787 Dreamliner Service
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:01 pm
sparrowe

Hainan ORD-PEK-SHA and Return

My wife and I just returned from two weeks in China, flying over and back from ORD to SHA via PEK on Hainan in Business/First. Overall, it was a terrific experience - especially at the bargain rate of $2150 each. Our experience was largely consistent with Doradee's description, except that the rest rooms were pristine every time we used them.

True, transferring in PEK is risky. We were lucky. On the way out, we had to gather our luggage, recheck it, and then make our way from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 (a 15 minute walk). On the return, we were met at the arrival gate by a Hainan rep who walked us to a bus that ferried us to Terminal 2; stopping for luggage along the way. We would do this again - comfortable seat, fair selection of English content movies on the AVOD (including Nebraska, which I hadn't seen), very courteous and helpful flight attendants - especially on the return flight from PEK to ORD.

The only thing inconsistent was having to ride a bus from PEK Terminal 2 all the way across the airport to board the plane. Any farther and we would have been at the Badaling Section of the Great Wall.

Last time I checked ExpertFlyer, the return flight from PEK averages over an hour late in arriving at ORD. If you have a connection in Chicago, leave lots of time - especially if you don't have Global Flyer; US Immigration can have long lines.