FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:24 pm
PainCorp
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Almost three weeks and still no card. Even longer since the initial "we're replacing your card" email.

Sent VX an email today:

I know Virgin recently changed the co-branded credit card provider from Barclays to Comenity, and I never thought I would say this, but can you switch back to Barclays? I say that jokingly, knowing it can't happen, but I just wanted to forward on my displeasure dealing with Comenity. Their website is ancient and hard to use, the physical quality of the card is horrible, their customer service is not even reading messages before responding to questions and overall does not live up to the Customer Service level that Virgin America holds itself to.

Right after releasing the card they (or possibly Virgin America, the email was from them, signed by Virgin America) realized how poorly the card was made and was going to re-do them. I got that email on February 4th. By the beginning of this month I still had not received a new card, despite the quoted time of "soon," and I don't think anyone considers a month "soon" for delivering a new piece of plastic. I emailed Comenity to ask if I had missed my new card, or when I should expect to see the new and improved card. I got a reply stating that since I had requested a new card they would mail one out to me. It came today and has the same issues as the original one, so they apparently still aren't sending out the fixed card.

While Virgin America is a smaller airline, that doesn't mean Virgin America needs to work with these smaller partners for a sub-par credit card with sub-par service. JetBlue partners with American Express, after all. If it does come time for Virgin America to separate itself from Comenity (pretty please?) and find a new partner (something many would not be opposed to that I've talked to), I would urge you to talk to American Express if you have not in the past/already. Having the Virgin America American Express would provide that extra (if you'll excuse the term) "swag" that Virgin America prides itself on having.

I opened this card and got my bonus points with high hopes for the new provider. It has now been placed in my nightstand drawer, with my Hilton credit card which also no longer gets used. I urge you, fix this so I can justify using the Virgin America credit card again.

Last edited by PainCorp; Mar 17, 2014 at 10:06 pm