FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet another "carry on with suit" dilemma
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:45 am
Uncle Dave

Originally Posted by ggf9191
Pack the suit pants, shirts etc in the bag. Wear what you are comfortable with on the plane but carry the suit jacket over your arm as you board or if you need to put it on over what you are wearing just to board the plane. Once you are on board take the suit jacket off and put it in the overhead compartment.
On the surface your scheme sounds good. Lets analyze from a different passengers perspective.

SO Hobo gets on the plane with his Topas, and tosses it up top totally filling the space (but within the space) of his allotted amount.

Where does the jacket go in the overhead compartment?

He cant put it on top of the Topas because it is fully using the space.
Unless he jams that suit down to an inch - or carefully places it on top then tries to slide it back in as one piece (while passengers wait for him to finish so they can get on to business)
I doubt that - so where does he or you for that matter put it?

Im guessing you/he sets it next to your bag- taking up space that isn't actually yours.

Then fawn over it as everyone else threatens to wrinkle or potentially tear it up by taking the space that is allotted to them.

I spend a lot of dough on suits.
I get that many don't- but those that don't reinforce that with their choices and aren't fooling anyone.
I wouldn't do this unless its just a beater jacket. Its filthy up there as well.

Can you explain in your scenario exactly where the jacket goes?

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; Mar 16, 2014 at 10:11 am