FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:27 pm
Churrro

Originally Posted by Churrro
I applied for the UA MileagePlus Explorer first week of January when the 50K offer was still live. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it at the time and just signed up under the regular 30K. This evening I called the chase number on the back of my card and spoke to a representative.

I told her that I was calling because my bonus miles had just posted a few days ago (true); however, the amount deposited into my account was a lot less than I was expecting... She told me these things happen and that the 50K offer was only extended to a select group of customers that qualified based upon their united mileage plus account number. She said she was going to file a report and send it over to United Marketing department - she checked to make sure I had spent the $2k so that I would qualify for the bonus from a spending perspective. I was then told to expect a letter from United in 7 - 14 days.
Update: I received a letter in the mail today from Chase. "We are writing to let you know that 20,000 miles have been added to your United MileagePlus account..."

This made my day! That's two months worth of MS for me. I was very doubtful I was going to get good news on this.