FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very Positive experience with award travel (that shocked me)
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:38 am
TwoDecks

Programs: US Chairman
Very Positive experience with award travel (that shocked me)

I booked award travel from BOS - LGA, departing yesterday morning and returning Saturday morning. I flew down to LGA in coach yesterday uneventfully (I had thought chairman could get upgraded on award travel, but I was apparently incorrect).

My plans changed yesterday afternoon and I needed to get back to BOS last night. I did a quick check of prices, which were $450 one way (at the cheapest) to book the 7:00pm or 8:00pm shuttle (5pm and 6pm were $750). I also checked Acela options (the many options for LGA-BOS.)

I called the USAir reservations (don't think I called the chairman line - but they connected me to the chairman line). The lady said she had to call someone else and due to weather it would take about 10 minutes. She put me on hold, and every 2 minutes came back and apologized for the wait and told me she didn't forget about me. Makes waiting on hold more reassuring!

Eventually got through and she changed my flight to the 7pm shuttle last night, with no charge whatsoever (thought for sure there would be some ridiculous change fee). When I got to LGA, the 5pm was running late, and I was able to get on that one.

I couldn't have been more pleased. I very rarely use award travel (one of the reasons why I would use points for BOS-LGA), but really impressed with this particular agent and more importantly the fact I was able to change award travel from Saturday to Thursday without any charge whatsoever