FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wholly within Brazil AA Partner Y awards 6k or 10k miles?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by mvoight
The award chart looks pretty clear to me.
Brazil is listed as one of the included countries in "Wholly Within Select Central/South America Countries" designated by AA for the 6K award. There is NOTHING on the chart to suggest it should not be 6K. I would argue that point with AA if I wanted to take the flights. AA is responsible for the chart contents.
There's no question that that's what it says, but I gave the example above of the OZ/NZ "wholly within" award where there are non-published carrier restrictions-- you get the wholly within award if you fly QF, you do not get the wholly within rate if you fly LA.

No one can contend that this award chart "tells the whole story" as we know if tells about 10% of the story-- literally hundreds of rules that further restrict.

It's like US to Southwest Pacific-- all it says is "transpacific only" (or dozens of other examples) but we know that there are severe limits on that, etc.

N.America -> Africa and even better example-- look at all the ways you -can't- get there on one award!

But, regardless, I do agree that AA should provide and explanation as to what carrier(s) can be used to get the 6k rate, for sure.

Last edited by JonNYC; Mar 13, 2014 at 1:39 pm