Old Mar 13, 14, 10:41 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lancexfang View Post
I looked it up and the $629 rate happens to be the rate for 'Deluxe with Sitting Area King NS'.

The way she explained it is it's the amount to book a Fairmont Room, $499/night, plus the difference "between the price of a lake front suite (as requested) and the price of a Junior Suite with Lakeview (the room you would get without requesting a Lake Front Suite)".

I looked that up as well. It seems about right, with Jr Suite Lakeview Double/Double NS selling at $729 and Lakefront Suite Jetted Tub King NS at $859, hence the $130 difference.

It's a very high rate. We need two rooms. So we may end up choosing one jr suite and one lake front one...
I was just offered this option to upgrade to a better suite for the difference in retail rates at the Pacific Rim for our stay in November. Sounds like Fairmont is offering this option at multiple hotels. It would be interesting to note if this option is now corporate wide and at all Fairmonts.

You can book a cancellable rate and lock in later at a better rate at JPL. I notice JPL consistently offers a myriad of options that could bring better value say in packages, and inclusions.