FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wholly within Brazil AA Partner Y awards 6k or 10k miles?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:47 pm
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajnaro
AA Brazil-internal rewards have always been 10k one-way. There was a time when they were 25k round-trip, before the one-way awards. Using TAM or Smiles miles is a different matter. There is much more availability, and prices vary widely, from rougly 3k to 30k, or even more. I have received awards within Peru on LAN from AA for 6k. The 'oneworld and other airline award' chart has Brazil listed together with Peru, but it has simply never worked that way. Maybe there's a change coming.
That's quite interesting-- if you've never seen it at less than 10K, really demonstrates (like someone said above as well) that it's been 10K since one-way flex awards came in, to me anyway. Really makes one wonder what Brazil is doing listed there then.

EDIT TO ADD: much as it would be nice to hope it's in anticipation of something new, I'm told wholly within Brazil went from being listed at 10K to being listed at 6K in early 2012.

Last edited by JonNYC; Mar 12, 2014 at 6:52 pm