FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:23 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmlsu
I recently applied for the Explorer and was approved through the 30K + $50 statement offer. I then sent an SM to chase requesting the 50K offer and they responded with the following:

This response seems a little odd to me...why would I need to contact them again after the spend in order to add the additional 20K? Shouldn't they set the account up now if I'm elegible and they know when I hit the spend threshold? Thanks!
It is a MANUAL process that is why you would need to inform them once you meet the spend requirement then they manually add the 20K to your account and would show up on the next statement - therefore be sure to do the following:

1) SAVE the reply as a pdf file - because Chase system would purge SMs of 90 days old. You want to have a record of that in case this SM is purged.

2) Monitor your spend and reply to that SM as soon as you have met the spend when they are POSTED, not pending.

3) In one to two days Chase would reply and inform you the 20K is now added to your account and will show up on your next statement.

4) Make sure you have some activities on the next cycle in order to kick out a statement with activities, together with the bonus.

It works almost like clockwork. Many many many have done the same on various Chase cards on the matched offers.