FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Agent Calls Passenger an Idiot; Wraps Himself in USA Flag, Flicks off Passenger
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:31 pm
flyerhog

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FredAnderssen
Forgive me if I don't shed a tear for the TSA. Here is an organization that sees fit to dehumanize travelers at every turn: from "moat dragons" to "barkers," from pat downs of one's "resistance" to private room molestations screenings, it's hard for me personally to garner too much sympathy for the TSO in the video, regardless of "goading" or whatnot that occurs before the film starts.

The TSA reap what they sow. In dehumanizing their fellow man, they in turn are seen as bullies by many and are in danger themselves of being treated in the reprehensible fashion in which they treat others. It's almost as if by their very actions, the TSA are saying it's okay to treat others the way they do.

It's nice if you can hold your head high and not stoop to their level, but I won't lose any sleep tonight if someone is "snarky" in their comments during filming a TSO.
Errr....I'm sure whatever fleeting moment of discomfort caused by TSA screening is outweighed by the fact there are more pressing concerns in our country. Sure, the TSA has overstepped its role several times in its history, but at least it is adapting and changing.